Moving & Handling Induction
Description of Course
This 1-day course will provide a basic knowledge of the current legal requirements around the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 together with the principles and application of ergonomically safer moving & handling techniques.
Who is it for?
What will I learn?
• Have a basic knowledge of the current legal requirements of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Human Rights Act, Disability Discrimination Act and the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992
• Understand and are confident in the theory and practical application of the manual handling of inanimate loads
• Understand and are confident in safer moving & handling techniques in relation to people including the use of hoists and handling aids
• Have the skills to identify risks related to moving and handling and;
• Understand the ergonomic principles of safer moving and handling
Where is the session?
Your session will be undertaken in your workplace to enable the demonstration and observation of the use of on-site support equipment such as hoists, wheelchairs etc.